I always have a baby wipe or paper towel (sometimes both!) nearby when I'm crafting.
It's always good to have something to clean inky fingers, wipe off excess ink from a clear block, or clean up the edges around an inked stamp.
A mix of colors that leads to the interesting background possibilities!
Set them aside to dry, then use them in your crafting!
Recycle and reuse, right?
Here's the baby wipe.
Lots of interesting splotches, colors, and texture.
I cut it down to make a sunrise background for my Waterfront mountains in silhouette.
- To determine how much of the baby wipe you're going to need, start by creating the mountains. Stamp the mountain image from the Waterfront stamp set on Basic Black card stock using Basic Black ink. I stamped them twice so I'd have a longer mountain range. Cut out the image using a pair of scissors.
- Keep the excess piece of card stock. Turn it upside down, and it will become the bottom landscape of the card.
3. Now, determine which part of the baby wipe you are going to use behind the mountains. Once you've made that determination, cut a piece of scrap card stock to fit what you'll need for the background. Because it is difficult to cut down the baby wipe without a backing, you'll need to attach it to something solid. Cut a piece of Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet the same size as the scrap card stock. Peel off the printed backing on the adhesive sheet and apply it to the card stock. Peel off the other side of the backing, and you'll be left with a sticky surface to attach the baby wipe. A glue stick will also work if you don't have an adhesive sheet on hand. You won't be using the whole baby wipe for this card, so you'll have extra to use another time.
4. Place the section of the baby wipe you want to use over the sticky backing on the card stock. Trim the piece down to the size you need using a paper trimmer or pair of scissors.
5. Attach the baby wipe background to a card stock mat just at the top of the piece. For this card, I used So Saffron card stock.
6. Attach the baby wipe background to the card base using Dimensionals to pop it up.
7. Attach the mountain and landscape cut-outs, using SNAIL adhesive along the bottom edge of the mountains. Attach to the bottom of the baby wipe background, using Dimensionals to pop it up.
8. Create the sun by punching out a piece of Crushed Curry card stock using a 1" circle punch. Slip the sun behind the mountain, using a Dimensional to pop it up.
9. Stamp greeting below the landscape using Archival Black ink.
So, don't throw away those baby wipes or paper towels you keep nearby when you are crafting!
Use them in other projects to create fun backgrounds.
Be sure to check my Waterfront mountains in silhouette card featuring a paper towel background which will post on Feb 21.
This card features the Waterfront stamp set, my newest favorite!
Stamp sets: Waterfront, Floral & Fauna (December Paper Pumpkin kit)
Ink: Archival Black, various
Paper: Soft Sky, Basic Black, So Saffron, Crushed Curry, scrap Whisper White
Accessories: baby wipe, Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet, 1" circle punch, Mini Dimensionals