I created a series of cards featuring Christmas Gleaming stamp set and Gleaming Ornaments Punches (both are retiring on January 4, 2021) using Frost White Shimmer Paint, combined with different inks.
The color combo possibilities are endless!
This technique is easy to do and provides a pretty shimmer to your creations.
- Shake the bottle of Frost White Shimmer Paint to mix, then tip the bottle over so some of the paint settles in the lid. Remove the lid, and pick up some of the paint on a sponge dauber. Dab the paint on the ornaments found in Christmas Gleaming and stamp on card front. For these cards, I used Glossy White card stock from my stash, but Whisper White or Shimmer White card stock will work as well. Allow a few seconds for the paint to dry.
- With a sponge brayer or sponge, add color to the ornaments. Make it as dark as you want by adding more color. Buff with a paper towel. The shimmer design on the ornaments will stand out.
- Punch ornaments out using coordinating Gleaming Ornaments punches.
- Stamp holly leaf image on card front. Attach ornaments using Dimensionals to pop them up.
- Stamp greeting from Christmas Gleaming or Festive Post. I used the Stamparatus.
- Attach to card stock or silver foil mat. Attach to card base. Attach silver cording or ribbon to ornaments using Glue Dots to complete.