You Are my Anchor/Graceful Glass Diorama Card
When I saw the swirl-patterned vellum found in the Graceful Glass 6"x6" stack, I immediately thought of the ocean and waves.
I thought I could easily pair this vellum with the April Paper Pumpkin kit, You Are My Anchor, to make a quick diorama card.
I was especially excited to receive this kit because I don't have any sea-themed stamp sets in my collection.
I live in the mountains of southern Colorado, and the ocean is very far away.
Sea-themed projects are usually not even in my stamping realm.
But now, I have a simple set that I can use if a sea-themed card is appropriate!
Now to create the diorama card.
- Start with an 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of card stock, and cut it in half at 5 1/2". Then, cut it in half at 4 1/4" so you have two 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" panels.
- Score each piece at 1/2" and 1" on the long sides.
- Create an opening in one of the panels using a punch or a Big Shot and a die. This will be the front of your diorama. For this card, I used one of my circle framelits
- Fold along the score lines so the 2 pieces will meet when put together. For the top piece, the 1” score lines are “mountain” folds, and the ½” score lines are “valley” folds. For the bottom piece, the 1” score lines are “valley” folds, and the ½” score lines are “mountain” folds.
5. Cut a 3"x3" piece of Graceful Glass vellum. Color using Stampin' Write Markers, Stampin' Blends, ink pads with a blender pen or an aqua painter. For this card, I used Pool Party, Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Pacific Point, Night of Navy, and Blueberry Bushel Stampin' Write Markers.
6. Attach vellum to a 3"x3" piece of Whisper White card stock, so there is a light background behind the vellum.
7. Attach to the center of the bottom panel.
8. Cut a ringed frame out of coordinating designer series paper or card stock for the window using two circle dies and the Big Shot.
9. Attach the ring using Fine Tip Glue or Tombow Multi-Purpose glue.
10. Apply Tear & Tape Adhesive on the "up" sides of the bottom panel.
11. Peel the backing off the adhesive and carefully attach the top piece to the bottom piece, lining up the top and bottom edges.
12. Optional: To finish off the two front sides, cut 1/2" x 4 1/4" strips of vellum and color using the methods above. Attach to the sides.
13. Attach lighthouse sticker from You Are My Anchor Paper Pumpkin kit to front of card.
14. Stamp greeting onto pre-cut banner from the kit using Pacific Point ink. Attach to the front of the lighthouse using a Mini Dimensional.
15. Attach faceted dots to card front to complete.
Which design is your favorite?
Graceful Glass 6"x6" Designer Vellum
Stamp Set: You Are My Anchor
Ink: Pacific Point ink pad, Pool Party, Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Pacific Point, Night of Navy, and Blueberry Bushel Stampin' Write Markers
Paper: Pacific Point, Whisper White, Graceful Glass 6"x6" Vellum, Pool Party designer series paper (retired)
Accessories: You Are My Anchor Paper Pumpkin Kit, Big Shot, Circles Framelits, Tear & Tape Adhesive, Fine Tip Glue, Mini Dimensional, Faceted Dots
Please check out the list of retired stamp sets and accessories I have for sale.