Lattice Fold Cards
- Duplicate the lattice template sheet so you have a master copy as you will be cutting up this sheet. There are 4 patterns on 1 sheet. Use the lattice pattern found here: Download Lattice Pattern-Sudsol
- Fold Designer Series Paper"(DSP) or card base in ½ and paper clip pattern onto the fold of the DSP or card with the long line placed right on the fold. (For these cards, the Designer Series Paper was cut to 5 ½” x 2 ½” and scored in half at 1 ¼”. You can make the piece as wide as you want, just score it in half. See the tip below for cutting the DSP at 6” instead.)
- Be sure to center the pattern on the fold so you are not cutting all the way up to the top or bottom of the paper. If you do, you will have a cut at the top or bottom of your lattice.
- Cut slits into card on each of the diagonal lines.
- Remove pattern, open up paper with inside facing down.
- Start at the bottom and bring the 1st “upside down V” shape down. Bring down every other upside down “V” shape also.
- Fold paper back to original format and decorate the front as desired.
Option 1: Fold lattice in half and place along the fold of the card.
Ink: Not Quite Navy
Paper: River Rock, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, Well Worn Designer Series Paper
Accessories: Bird Builder and Scallop Trim Border punches, Tombow Multi-purpose glue, Rhinestone, sponge, Dimensional, scissors
Option 2: Open lattice and place on card.
Stamp Set: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Cajun Craze
Paper: Sahara Sand, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Well Worn Designer Series Paper
Accessories: Bird Builder and Scallop Edge Border punches, Tombow Multi-purpose glue, Rhinestone, sponge, Dimensional, scissors
Tip: For a 5 ½” card base, you will cut 5 pairs of the long and short lines on the pattern. This will be missing one of the lattice pieces in the pattern. You can use it as is, but I think it looks incomplete.
- To complete the full pattern, start with a piece of paper cut to 6”.
- Cut 6 pairs of the long and short lines of the pattern.
- Fold the lattice pattern as described above. Your piece of paper will be too long, and you will have an extra piece of the "V" shape. Cut the extra piece off from either the top or bottom of the paper.
4. Attach piece to inside of lattice using a small amount of Tombow Multi Purpose glue.
Trim the bottom or top of the lattice to fit the card as needed and attach.
Now the pattern is complete!