As always, I'm able to find inspiration for my card making in my surroundings here in the mountains of southern Colorado.
This time of year, we have Giant Coneflowers growing along the banks of the North Hardscrabble Creek which flows through our property.
The Giant Coneflowers attract all kinds of winged creatures: butterflies, tachinid flies and bees.
Here is the inspiration for my card:
Up close and personal.
I watched this bee awhile before I snapped the photo. I thought to myself that her expression looks like she's mad at the world. But after uploading the photo, I think that is just the way she looks. Concentrating and busy at her work that's all!
Now onto the card. Here's how:
- Emboss Pear Pizzazz card front using the Big Shot and Layered Leaves Embossing Folder. Sponge the edges using Wild Wasabi ink.
- Punch 2 flowers using the Daisy Punch out Crushed Curry card stock.
- Cut the daisies in half and layer 3 halves together, offsetting the petals. Sponge the edges of the petals using Crushed Curry ink.
- For the top of the coneflower, punch a piece of Early Espresso card stock using 1" circle punch. Cut the circle about 3/4. Attach to the top of the daisies using a Dimensional.
- Stamp the 2-step bee from Dragonfly Dreams onto a scrap piece of Whisper White card stock using Crushed Curry and Early Espresso inks.
- Cut the bee out using the coordinating die from Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits.
- The leaves are from the retired Beautiful Branches Thinlits Dies cut out of Early Espresso card stock using the Big Shot.
- Attach leaves to card front using Fine Tip Glue Pen.
- Attach coneflower over the leaves using a Dimensional.
- Attach bee to card front using a Dimensional.
- Tear a narrow piece of Pear Pizzazz card stock. Sponge the edges with Wild Wasabi ink. Stamp greeting from Dragonfly Dreams using Early Espresso ink. Attach to the bottom of the card front.
- Attach to Early Espresso card base.
- Apply clear Wink of Stella to the top and leaves of the coneflower and to the bee for a little sparkle.
What will be your inspiration? I hope you'll share your creations with me: email@example.com
Stamp Set: Dragonfly Dreams
Ink: Crushed Curry, Early Espresso, Wild Wasabi
Paper: Early Espresso, Pear Pizzazz, Crushed Curry, Whisper White
Accessories: Big Shot, Layered Leaves Embossing Folder, Detailed Dragonfly and Beautiful Branches Thinlits Dies, Daisy and 1" circle punches, Dimensionals, Fine Tip Glue Pen, sponge, Clear Wink of Stella