I created this shaker card for our four year old granddaughter, Madysen.
She loves kitties, and I hope this one will make her smile.
Shaker Cards are easy to create.
Here's how I did this one:
- To create the shaker card, cut the globe out of Smoky Slate card stock measuring 5" x 3 3/4" using the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine and Snow Globe die.
- Stamp greeting. You want to do this before the card is put together. I used a greeting from the retired set Flurry of Wishes stamped in Memento Black ink.
- Attach Basic Black card stock measuring 5 1/4" x 4" to Petal Pink card base.
- Cut cat out of Plaid Tidings 6"x6" Designer Series Paper using the Cat Punch. Tie a bow around the cat using baker's twine or ribbon. I used pink baker's twine out of my stash. Attach to the center of a Basic Black mat.
- Lay the card flat and carefully place sequins or glitter over the cat. I used sequins out of my stash.
- Apply adhesive around the cut opening and all along the backside of the Smoky Slate card front.
- Remove the backing on the Shaker Dome. Insert it into the opening on the card base. Carefully place the Smoky Slate card base with the dome inserted over the punched cat and onto the Basic Black mat. Rub the card front with your fingertips to adhere the adhesive to the mat.
- Cut snow globe base out of Petal Pink and Basic Black card stock using the Snow Globe dies. Layer together using a small amount of Fine Tip or Multi-purpose Glue. Attach to the card front.
- Add sequins using Fine Tip or Multi-purpose Glue to complete.
Savings of up to 50% off on select items.
Shop today as items will be available only while supplies last.
Shop Online 24/7: