This week, we have a sketch challenge over at the Nacho Average site.
Here's my contribution:
For this card, I used pieces of Canvas Creations, one of my new favorite products from Stampin' Up! (found on page 21 of the Spring Catalog). I love the texture and interest the Canvas Creations adds.
There is so much you can do with Canvas Creations, but for this card, I dyed the pieces simply using water and drops of reinkers.
1. I cut 3 pieces of Canvas Creations using my Big Shot and Scallop Squares Duo die.
2. I filled 3 containers with water. I used empty brad/button containers-great way to re-purpose!
3. In my first container of water, I added a few drops of Regal Rose reinker and mixed it well using an aqua painter. I dropped one of my cut Canvas Creations pieces into the water bath, and let it soak for a few seconds.
In my second container of water, I added a few drops of Rose Red reinker and mixed it well using an aqua painter. I dropped the second cut Canvas Creations piece into the water bath and let it soak for a few seconds.
In my third container of water, I added a few drops of Real Red reinker and mixed it well using an aqua painter. I dropped the third cut Canvas Creations piece into the water bath and let it soak for a few seconds.
4. To get some variation of color, I added one edge of my lightest dyed piece (Regal Rose) into the container of Rose Red water and let it soak for a few seconds. I added one edge of the Rose Red piece into the container of Real Red water and let it soak for a few seconds.
5. Once the pieces were dyed the color I wanted, I removed them from the water and set them on a piece of paper towel to dry. You can also dry these with a heat tool.
6. To add a little shimmer, I lightly dabbed on some Frost White Shimmer Paint using a sponge dauber and set it aside to dry.
7. Once dry, I stamped the pieces using Black Stazon and the swirls from the Creative Elements stamp set. I then layered them to my dry embossed Basic Black card front using Dimensionals.
Here's a great idea for the soda pop tops found in the Spring Season Catalog (page 24): "Smoosh" it using the Big Shot (sandwich: bottom cutting plate, Cutting Platform on Tab #2, piece of scrap card stock, pop top face down, upper cutting plate).
Be sure to check out each of the Design Team's entry to the challenge and leave a comment if you can. It means a lot to all of us! We'd also love for you to play along with the weekly challenges. A Linky Tool has been added so you can upload your creation to the Nacho Design Team site.
Here is the original sketch:
Supplies Used (all supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted)
Stamp Sets: Creative Elements, Tiny Tags
Ink: Black Stazon, Regal Rose, Rose Red, Real Red reinkers, Rose Red watercolor crayon (for small circle and "Love" tag)
Paper: Silver, Basic Black, Real Red (for the small tag), watercolor paper (for the 3/4" circle, stamped heart and "love" tag)
Accessories: Canvas Creations, Big Shot, Scallop Squares Duo Die, Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder, large Soda Pop Top, 1", 3/4" circle, Jewelry, and Trio of Hearts punches, Aqua Painter, brad/button containers, Frost White Shimmer Paint, Sponge Dauber, Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots
Thanks for looking! Anne