I always try to recycle and reuse my crafting tools.
This includes the paper towels that I use to wipe off stamps, the Stamparatus plates, or to dab my watercolor projects.
This was the case with this piece of paper towel.
I can't remember what project I was using it for, but it obviously had shades of green. I usually save the paper towels, and have a big stack of them to use in future projects.
I decided to use it to make a Christmas pocket full of snowflakes using the Pocketful of Happiness stamp set and coordinating Pocket Die.
- If the paper towel you are going to use has plys, separate them so you are only using 1 ply. Save the remaining plys for other projects. You'll need to place the paper towel on a sturdy background so you will be able to cut it down to the size you want, plus cut it with the die and die-cut machine. I used a piece of Whisper White card stock and a piece of Adhesive Sheet. If you don't have Adhesive Sheets, you could use a glue stick or xyron machine. You just need the card stock base to have some sticky so the paper towel will adhere to it.
- Stamp the image from Pocketful of Happiness using Night of Navy ink. I used my Stamparatus to get a good stamped image. The paper towel has texture, so you'll probably need to stamp it a couple times to get a complete image.
- Cut the pocket out using the Pocket Die and die-cut machine.
- Fold the tabs along the score lines and apply Tear and Tape Adhesive. Peel the backing off the Tear and Tape and place on Wrapped in Plaid 6" x 6" Designer Series paper card front. Attach to Gold Foil mat. Attach to Night of Navy card base.
- Cut snowflakes out of Gold Foil paper using a die-cut machine and Frosted Frames Die. Slip snowflakes behind the pocket, using Mini Dimensionals to pop them up.
- Stamp greeting from Christmas Deer on scrap piece of Gold Foil paper using Night of Navy ink. Heat emboss using a heat tool and clear embossing powder. Attach to card front using Dimensionals to pop it up. Add Metallic Pearls to complete.
Stamp Set: Pocketful of Happiness, Christmas Deer
Ink: Night of Navy
Paper: Night of Navy, Whisper White, Wrapped in Plaid 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper, Gold Foil
Accessories: paper towel, Adhesive Sheet, Stamparatus, Big Shot, Pocket and Frosted Frames Dies, Tear and Tape Adhesive, Mini Dimensionals, Metallic Pearls