I always try to recycle and reuse my crafting tools.
This includes the paper towels that I use to wipe off stamps, the Stamparatus plates, or to dab my watercolor projects.
This was the case with a piece of paper towel I had used to dab Pigment Sprinkles.
I was using the Daffodil Delight and Mango Melody Sprinkles, so I was left with a pretty and bright paper towel with a tie-dye effect.
I decided to use it to make a bright and cheery pocket of flowers using the Pocketful of Happiness stamp set and coordinating Pocket Die.
- If the paper towel you are going to use has plys, separate them so you are only using 1 ply. Save the remaining plys for other projects. You'll need to place the paper towel on a sturdy background so you will be able to cut it down to the size you want, plus cut it with the die and die-cut machine. I used a piece of Whisper White card stock and a piece of Adhesive Sheet. If you don't have Adhesive Sheets, you could use a glue stick or xyron machine. You just need the card stock base to have some sticky so the paper towel will adhere to it.
- Stamp the image from Pocketful of Happiness using Early Espresso ink. I used my Stamparatus to get a good stamped image. The paper towel has texture, so you'll probably need to stamp it a couple times to get a complete image.
- Cut the pocket out using the Pocket Die and die-cut machine.
- Fold the tabs along the score lines and apply Tear and Tape Adhesive. Peel the backing off the Tear and Tape and place on Soft Suede card base.
- Stamp flowers on So Saffron card stock using Early Espresso ink. Color flowers and leaves using Stampin' Blends or Stampin' Write Markers. Fussy cut using a pair of scissors. Slip flowers behind pocket, using Mini Dimensionals to pop them up.
- Stamp greeting on So Saffron card stock using Early Espresso ink. Punch out using a 1 3/8" circle punch. Attach to front of pocket to complete.
Stamp Set: Pocketful of Happiness
Ink: Early Espresso, assorted Stampin' Blends and Stampin' Write Markers
Paper: Soft Suede, So Saffron, Whisper White
Accessories: paper towel, Pigment Sprinkles for the paper towel background, Adhesive Sheet, Stamparatus, Big Shot, Pocket Die, Tear and Tape Adhesive, 1 3/8" circle punch, Mini Dimensionals