Crystal Effects has made a return in the Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog!
Crystal Effects is a water based glossy lacquer that works as a liquid embellishment.
Stampin' Up! retired it a couple of years ago, but has brought back an updated version that has white and silver flecks for an added touch of sparkle!
So fun, and the possibilities are endless.
For this cheery card, I used Crystal Effects to create the look of water in the stamped flower vases.
1. Stamp vases from Varied Vases on Whisper White card stock using Night of Navy ink.
2. Punch the vases out using the coordinating Vases Builder Punch.
3. Color each vase using Light and Dark Pool Party Blends.
4. Stamp the scalloped image on Shimmery White card base using Night of Navy ink. I used the Stamparatus.
5. Stamp the flowers on Shimmery White card base. I used my Stamparatus to align the flowers, putting the stems in the vases. I attached each vase, one by one on my card base using a small amount SNAIL Adhesive to temporarily hold each vase in place. I aligned each flower image and used the Stamparatus. This ensured I would get a good stamped image. I used Garden Green ink. Remove the vases.
6. Color the flowers using a variety of Stampin' Blends.
7. Add Shimmery Crystal Effects to the vases. Set them aside to dry completely.
8. Stamp greeting using Night of Navy ink below the scalloped border. I used the Stamparatus. Attach card front to Night of Navy card base.
9. Attach vases. I tucked the second vase behind the first vase, and then tucked the third vase behind the second vase. The first vase is popped up using a Mini Dimensional.
10. Attach enamel dots to complete.
Stamp Set: Varied Vases
Ink: Night of Navy, Garden Green, various Stampin' Blends
Paper: Night of Navy, Shimmery White, Whisper White
Accessories: Shimmery Crystal Effects, Vases Builder Punch, Stamparatus, enamel dots from my stash, Mini Dimensional