The new Pocketful of Happiness stamp set with coordinating Pocket Dies just makes me smile.
For this card, I combined them with Faux Denim, one of my favorite background techniques.
- To create the Faux Black Denim Technique, swipe Smoky Slate ink onto a piece of Whisper White card stock.
- Next, swipe on Memento Black ink. Set aside to dry.
- Swipe on White Craft ink. Set aside to dry.
- Rotate the card stock 90 degrees, and swipe on Memento Black ink.
- Add Smoky Slate and White Craft ink as desired.
- Stamp pocket image from Pocketful of Happiness on a scrap piece of Whisper White card stock using Memento Black ink and the Stamparatus.
- Cut pocket using the Big Shot and coordinating Pocket Die. Fold pocket tabs along the score lines. Apply Tombow Multi-purpose glue to the tabs and attach to the Faux Denim card front.
- Cut a Pearlized Doily in half with a pair of scissors. Sponge or swipe Real Red ink on the back side of the doily. The ink will not stick to the pearlized finish on the front of the doily. Apply a small amount of glue to the doily and slip it inside the pocket.
- Cut a 1/4" strip of Basic Black card stock and attach to the top of the pocket. Add 2 red rhinestones.
- Attach card front to Real Red mat. Attach to Whisper White card base to complete.
Stamp Set: Pocketful of Happiness
Ink: Memento Black, Smoky Slate, Real Red, craft white
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, Basic Black
Accessories: Big Shot, Pocket Die, Pearlized Doily, red rhinestones out of my stash, Tombow Multi-purpose Glue, Stamparatus