This is the Valentine's Day card I made for our 2 year-old granddaughter.
She loves zoo animals, but she is especially fond of giraffes.
The giraffe image in the stamp set Animal Outing is perfect for her!
1. The embossed background is made using the Animal Friends Framelits die. Normally when using this die, you would cut the design from the paper. To emboss instead, you'll need to use the Big Shot Embossing Mats.
-Emboss the background on a piece of Crumb Cake card stock using this sandwich: platform on Tab 1, standard cutting pad, blue mat, card stock, framelit placed down, white embossing pad. You'll need to reposition the framelit three or four times to fully emboss the card front.
2. Cut the center of the card front out using the Big Shot and hearts framelits die or a punch.
3. Place scrap piece of Whisper White card stock into the Stamparatus. Place the giraffe image rubber side down on the card stock. Close the hinged plate, picking up the stamp. Ink with Early Espresso and stamp. Repeat as needed to get a good stamped image. Do the same with the leaves/frog image.
4. Color the giraffe using Blender Pens, water color pencils or Stampin' Write Markers. Do the same for the leaf images. I used my Stampin' Blends.
5. Cut the giraffe and leaves out using the Big Shot and coordinating Animal Friends Framelits Dies.
6. Cut a background piece slightly smaller than your embossed card front. For this card, my background came from Tranquil Tide Designer Series Paper.
7. Get an idea for the placement of the giraffe and leaves, leaving room for the greeting. Once you have a plan, place the background piece in the Stamparatus. Place the greeting rubber side down on the background. Close the hinged plate, picking up the stamp. Ink with Early Espresso and stamp. Repeat as needed to get a good stamped image. For this card, I used the greeting from A Little Wild. Animal Outing has a stamp with the same sentiment, "Wild About You," but it is a little too big for this project.
8. Cut out a border for the heart by nesting two heart framelits, one larger than the other, on a piece of Early Espresso card stock. Cut out using the Big Shot. Attach to card front using a small amount of Tombow Multi-purpose Glue.
9. Attach giraffe and leaves to the inside edge of the heart cut-out using a small amount of SNAIL adhesive. I trimmed off the frog image.
10. Attach card front to So Saffron card base using Dimensionals around the heart and on the 4 corners to pop it up.
11. Add enamel dots to complete.
Your favorite Framelits, Thinlits, and Edgelits dies can do more when paired with the Embossing Mats. Use with dies that have decorative ejection holes for additional embossing. Or use with cutting dies to emboss instead of cut. Includes Impressions Pad, thin silicone rubber mat, and thick silicone rubber mat.
Stamp Sets: Animal Outing and A Little Wild
Ink: Early Espresso, Stampin' Blends
Paper: So Saffron, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Whisper White, Tranquil Tide Designer Series Paper
Accessories: Big Shot, Big Shot Embossing Mats, Hearts and Animal Friends Framelits Dies, Stamparatus, Tombow Multi-Purpose Glue, Dimensionals, Enamel Dots