The Occasions Catalog is here, and one of my favorite stamp sets found in the new catalog is Golden Afternoon.
I'm always a sucker for a tree image, but what sold me on the set were the birds in flight. They just make me smile.
And of course, the tree images are pretty cool too!
Golden Afternoon is one of the new cling stamp sets offered by Stampin' Up!
Cling stamps, featuring red rubber with a strong, re-positional backing.
Easy to set up, use, and clean to get those perfect stamped images.
For this card, I created an easy acrylic block watercolor background.
- Tap Balmy Blue, Powder Pink and Granny Smith Green inks on a clear-mount block "E". Tap Pacific Point ink along the top and edges. Spritz with water so the ink begins to run and pool. Place the block on a piece of watercolor paper. Let it set for a few seconds, then lift. Set the paper aside to allow the inks to dry.
- Place the watercolor paper in the Stamparatus, securing with the magnet bar. Position the tree image where you want it on the card front, close the hinged plate, picking up the stamp. Ink with Memento Black and stamp. Repeat if needed to get a good stamped image. Because of the texture of the paper, the Stamparatus works great for getting a good stamped image on watercolor paper. I stamped the image 4 times.
- Remove the tree stamp and place the bird image where you want it on the card front. Close the hinged plate, pickup the stamp. Ink with Memento Black and stamp. Repeat if needed to get a good stamped image.
- Remove the bird image and place the greeting where you want it on the card front. Close the hinged plate, picking up the stamp. Ink with Memento Black and stamp. Repeat if needed to get a good stamped image.
- Attach to Basic Black mat. Attach to Whisper White card base to complete.
Honestly, I do most of my stamping these days using the Stamparatus.
It has certainly become my number 1 go-to tool.
Stamp Set: Golden Afternoon
Ink: Balmy Blue, Powder Pink, Granny Smith Green, Pacific Point, Memento Black
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, watercolor
Accessories: Clear-Block "E", spritzer bottle with water, Stamparatus