This card was inspired by the view out my front window on a recent wintery day here in the mountains of southern Colorado.
It features the clear block watercolor background technique and Winter Woods stamp set and In the Woods Framelits Dies.
Here's how to make the card:
1. Create a mask for the moon by punching a circle out of a post-it-note and a 1 1/4" circle punch. Place the punched circle onto a square piece of Shimmery White card stock. Create the background by tapping Balmy Blue, Night of Navy and Gray Granite ink onto an "E" clear block. Spritz the block with water so the ink pools and runs, then stamp onto the Shimmery White card stock and over the circle mask. Let it set for a few seconds, then lift. Remove the mask and set the piece aside to allow to dry. I re-positioned the mask over the moon, and lightly sponged on more Gray Granite ink along the edge.
2. Stamp tree from Winter Woods onto a piece of vellum card stock using Shaded Spruce ink. Heat emboss using a heat tool and clear embossing powder. Cut tree out using the Big Shot and coordinating In the Woods Framelits die.
3. Cut a square opening out of Shimmery White card front using the Big Shot and Layering Squares Framelits die. Stamp greeting from Dashing Deer onto card front using Night of Navy ink. I used my Stamparatus to get a good inked image.
4. Cut a frame out of Night of Navy card stock by nesting two of the squares framelits, one inside the other. Cut using the Big Shot.
5. Attach the background to Balmy Blue card base. Attach vellum tree. Attach card front over the background piece and tree using Mini Dimensionals to pop it up.
6. Attach Night of Navy frame over opening. Bring the top of the tree outside of the frame to complete.
Purchase before January 2 and save 10%.
These products will still be available after January 2, but will be sold separately at full price.
Stamp Sets: Winter Woods, Dashing Deer
Ink: Balmy Blue, Night of Navy, Gray Granite, Shaded Spruce
Paper: Balmy Blue, Shimmery White, Night of Navy, Vellum card stock
Accessories: post-it-note, 1 1/4" circle punch, clear block "E", spritzer bottle with water, heat tool, clear embossing powder ,Big Shot, In the Woods and Layering Squares Framelits Dies, sponge, Mini Dimensionals, Stamparatus