After a very warm summer, I think fall has finally arrived here in the mountains of southern Colorado!
Cooler temps and changing colors.
Fall is my favorite time of the year!
To celebrate, I have been busy creating fall-themed cards which I will be sharing over the next few days.
This one was quick and easy using the Clear-Block Background Technique mixed with the dainty flower images found in the stamp set Daisy Delight.
- To create the watercolor background, tap ink pads onto a clear-block, spritz with water so the ink runs and pools, and stamp on a piece of card stock. Let the block sit on the paper for a few seconds, then remove. Set it aside to dry completely. For this card, colors used were Pool Party, Pacific Point, Crushed Curry, and Pear Pizzazz on a "E" clear-block. I stamped the block onto Shimmery White card stock which holds up well to the water. You could also use water color paper.
- Stamp stem image from Daisy Delight using Color Me Clover ink. Stamp full strength, then again without reinking. Stamp flower image using Mango Melody. Stamp full strength, then again without reinking.
- Attach to Crushed Curry mat using Mini Dimensionals to pop it up.
- Stamp greeting using Pacific Point ink. I used the retired stamp set Teeny Tiny Wishes (still my go-to greeting stamp), but choose a greeting that is appropriate for your occasion. Attach to Pacific Point card base.
- Color rhinestones using a blue Sharpie pen and attach to complete.
Stamp Sets: Daisy Delight, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Pool Party, Pacific Point, Crushed Curry, Pear Pizzazz, Color Me Clover, Mango Melody
Paper: Pacific Point, Crushed Curry, Shimmery White
Accessories: Clear-block "E", spritzer bottle with water, rhinestones, Sharpie Pen, Mini Dimensionals