Iris Folded Heart
My best friend's son is getting married!
What a great occasion to make a card!
One of my all-time favorite paper-crafting techniques is Iris Folding.
(Click HERE to view my other Iris Folding projects. This page includes detailed instructions and a how to video!)
I haven't done any iris folding in a long time.
Lately, my Pinterest feed has been coming up with iris folding ideas, and it got my creative juices going.
One of the easiest Iris Folding patterns in a heart. Perfect for creating a wedding card!
- Start with this iris folding heart pattern. Print out on your computer.
- Cut out a heart from your card front using the Big Shot and framelits, a punch, or by hand with scissors. For this card, I used my Big Shot and one of my Hearts Framelits Dies that closely fit the printed pattern.
- Emboss the card front if desired. For this card, I used the hearts from Adorning Accents Embossing Folder. Stamp your greeting. I used Sincere Salutations stamped in Rich Razzleberry. Do any embossing or stamping before you start the Iris Folding technique as your card front will become too bulky to do anything else without messing it up.
- Lay the embossed card front face down onto the printed heart pattern. Remember, you always work from the BACK of your project when doing iris folding. Apply a couple of pieces of washi tape to one side of the card front to act as a hinge so you can flip the card front over to see your progress from the front.
- Choose 3 patterns of designer series paper. For this card, I used designs found in the retired pack Blooms and Bliss. I cut two 1/2"x12" strips of each design.
- Apply SNAIL adhesive along the edges of the heart cut out. Following the pattern, apply the strips of designer series paper, adding SNAIL adhesive as needed to secure the pieces.
- Apply the iris to the center. For this card, I used Blushing Bride glimmer paper.
- Remove the washi tape and adhere iris folded card front to Rich Razzleberry mat.
- Cut out a frame for the heart using 2 nested heart framelits. I cut the frame out of more Blushing Bride glimmer paper.
- Attach to Blushing Bride card base.
- Optional: punch 2 hearts out of Rich Razzleberry card stock using a small heart punch. Attach to the front of the card using Dimensionals to pop them up. Add Blushing Bride enamel shapes to complete.
Stamp Set: Sincere Salutations
Ink: Rich Razzleberry
Paper: Blushing Bride, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, Blooms and Bliss Designer Series Paper, Blushing Bride glimmer paper
Accessories: iris folding heart pattern, Big Shot, Hearts Framelits Dies, Adorning Accents Embossing Folder, heart punch, enamel shapes, SNAIL adhesive, Dimensionals, washi tape