A friend of mine recently had a tragic family loss.
As you can imagine, she and her family are having a really tough coping.
I try to send her a thinking of you card every couple of weeks.
For this card, I used the stamp sets Sitting Here and Sheltering Tree. I hope it brings a smile.
I haven't used Sitting Here for quite awhile, and I forgot it included a sleeping dog image.
When I pulled the set off the shelf, I realized that this dog image was the spitting image of our newest family member, Roxie.
Roxie is a Shar Pei mix who came from a friend who was moving and couldn't take her with her. So, we decided that we'd take Roxie in. She and our 120 pound St. Bernard, Annie, are getting along fine as Annie shows her the ropes of being a Colorado mountain dog!
The image matches Roxie right down to her Shar Pei ears and tail, especially when she is curled up in her bed.
The photo below was taken in low light without flash, so the coloring is a little off.
She is redder in person, almost Cajun Craze in color like the stamped image.
Here's how I created the card:
- Create a mask for the flower pot by stamping the image on a post-it-note and then cutting it out.
- Place the mask onto Soft Sea Foam card front. Stamp the swing image over the mask using Early Espresso ink.
- Remove the mask and stamp the flower pot image in the blank space using Early Espresso ink.
- Color in the swing, cushion, flower pot, and flowers using watercolor pencils and Stampin' Write Markers.
I actually wasn't too happy with the way the flower pot turned out. It looked too flat. So, I stamped the image on a scrap piece of Whisper White card stock, colored it with markers and cut it out. I then placed it over the original stamped image, popping it up with a Mini Dimensional. The original stamped image can be seen behind it, which is ok. It adds a little more dimension to the card.
5. Stamp the leaves from Sheltering Tree using Shaded Spruce ink full strength and again without reinking. Stamp shadow under the swing using Early Espresso ink.
6. Stamp dog on a scrap piece of Whisper White card stock using Cajun Craze ink. Lightly fill in the image using brown watercolor pencil. Cut image out and place it on the swing using a Mini Dimensional to pop it up.
7. Mat card front to a piece of Shaded Spruce card stock.
8. Emboss a piece of Soft Sea Foam card stock using the Big Shot and Pinewood Planks embossing folder. Stamp greeting using Early Espresso ink. Attach to Whisper White card base. Attach card front to complete.
Stamp Sets: Sitting Here, Sheltering Tree
Ink: Early Espresso, Shaded Spruce, Cajun Craze, watercolor pencils, assorted Stampin' Write Markers
Paper: Whisper White, Soft Sea Foam, Shaded Spruce
Accessories: Big Shot, Pinewood Planks embossing folder, post-it-note, Mini Dimensionals