Country Road, one of the new stamp sets in the 2018-2018 Stampin' Up! Catalog really spoke to me.
The old wagon wheel, metal star, and weedy foliage images in the set look like they came right out of the landscape here in the mountain and ranching community I live in. When paired up with the Pinewood Planks embossing folder, the look of an old ranch house or barn is complete.
- Swipe the inside (the side with Sizzix printed on the front of the folder) of the Pinewood Planks embossing folder with Soft Sea Foam ink. Insert Soft Sea Foam card front into the folder and emboss using the Big Shot.
- Stamp foliage image onto card front using Mossy Meadow ink full strength, then again without reininking.
- Stamp wagon wheel onto scrap piece of Whisper White card stock using Early Espresso ink. Punch out using 1 3/4" circle punch. Cut out around each spoke using a pair of scissors. This is a little tedious but goes fairly quickly. I will say I would not do this if I were making a lot of these cards as my patience for fussy cutting is limited!
- Stamp stars onto scrap piece of Whisper White card stock using Cherry Cobbler ink. Cut out using a pair of scissors. Create crease lines by scoring the stars on the back side. Fold along the crease lines, so the stars pop up in the middle.
- Attach card front to Cherry Cobber mat. Attach to Mossy Meadow card base.
- Attach wagon wheel to card front using a Mini Dimensional in the middle to pop it up. Attach stars using Mini Dimensionals cut in half on each point.
- Stamp greeting on scrap piece of Crumb Cake card stock using Cherry Cobbler ink. For this card, I used a portion of a piece of Crumb Cake that had been embossed using the Pinewood Planks embossing folder for another project. Curl the edges and attach to the wagon wheel using a Dimensional to pop it up.
Stamp Set: Country Road
Ink: Soft Sea Foam, Meadow Moss, Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler
Paper: Mossy Meadow, Cherry Cobbler, Soft Sea Foam, Whisper White, Crumb Cake
Accessories: Big Shot, Pinewood Planks embossing folder, Mini Dimensionals, scissors, scoring tool