I often incorporate the paper towel that I have used to clean stamps, ink pad covers or ink refill bottles into my crafting.
This was the case after I used this paper towel to wipe off the tops of ink refill bottles which I had used in my Ink Refills and Hand Sanitizer projects.
This is what the paper towel looked like:
Love the bright colors and patterns!
I decided to use it for a butterfly cut out using my Big Shot and retiring Bold Butterfly Framelits Die.
- The paper towel is 2-ply, so I first separated the plys. This will give me another piece of paper towel to craft with at a later time. In order to make the paper towel easier to work with, I always attach it to a piece of card stock. By doing this, it is easy to cut the paper towel down to size using a paper trimmer. I applied glue from a glue stick onto a scrap piece of Blushing Bride card stock. Self-adhesive sheets would work as well. Then, I trimmed the paper towel down to the size of the Butterfly Framelit.
- Run the piece through the Big Shot using the Bold Butterfly Framelit Die.
- To create the background, I simply tapped Tempting Turquoise, Marina Mist and Garden Green inks (all retiring) onto my "E" clear-mount block, spritzed it with water so the inks would pool and run, then stamped the block onto a piece of watercolor paper. I let it sit for a few seconds, lifted it up, and set the paper aside to dry.
- Attach the paper towel butterfly to the watercolor background using a Mini Dimensional to pop it up.
- Stamp greeting from Wish Big using Tempting Turquoise ink.
- Attach to Melon Mambo card base.
Done and easy!
So don't throw those paper towels away after ink cleanups.
Recycle and reuse! Add them to your crafting arsenal for future projects!
Bold Butterfly Framelits Die is retiring.
Items are available through May 31 or while supplies last.
Stamp Set: Wish Big
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Marina Mist, Garden Green, various ink from refill bottles as I did cleanup
Paper: Melon Mambo, Blushing Bride, watercolor paper
Accessories: paper towel, Big Shot, Bold Butterfly Framelits Die, "E" clear-mount block, spritzer bottle with water, Mini Dimensional, glue stick