I often incorporate the paper towel that I have used to clean stamps, ink pad covers or ink refill bottles into my crafting.
This was the case after I used this paper towel to wipe off the tops of ink refill bottles which I had used in my Ink Refills and Hand Sanitizer projects.
This is what the paper towel looked like:
I used the paper towel to create the Bold Butterfly card found here.
After cutting the butterfly out using my Big Shot and retiring Bold Butterfly Framelits Die, I was left with a negative stencil.
I then used the stencil, paired with the retiring Butterfly Thinlits Die to create another quick card.
Remember, recycle and reuse!
- Here are the instructions for starting with the paper towel for the original card: The paper towel is 2-ply, so I first separated the plys. This will give me another piece of paper towel to craft with at a later time. In order to make the paper towel easier to work with, I always attach it to a piece of card stock. By doing this, it is easy to cut the paper towel down to size using a paper trimmer. I applied glue from a glue stick onto a scrap piece of Blushing Bride card stock. Self-adhesive sheets would work as well. Then, I trimmed the paper towel down to the size of the Butterfly Framelit. Run the piece through the Big Shot using the Bold Butterfly Framelit Die.
- Cut a piece of background designer series paper a little larger than the stencil. Attach to the back of the stencil using SNAIL Adhesive. For this card, I used a piece of retired Tempting Turquoise Patterns Designer Series Paper.
- Cut a butterfly using the Big Shot and retiring Butterfly Thinlits die out of Powder Pink card stock. Attach the butterfly to the cut-out using a Mini Dimensional on the body to pop it up.
- Attach to a piece of Melon Mambo matting. Attach to Whisper White card base.
- Stamp greeting from Wish Big using Tempting Turquoise ink.
Easy and done!
So don't throw those paper towels away after cleanups.
Recycle and reuse! Add them to your crafting arsenal for future projects!
Bold Butterfly and Butterflies Thinlits Dies are retiring:
To view all retiring Stampin' Up! product, please visit HERE.
Items are available through May 31 or while supplies last.
Stamp Set: Wish Big
Ink: Tempting Turquoise (retiring), various colors on the paper towel after cleaning up ink refills
Paper: Blushing Bride (retiring), Melon Mambo, Powder Pink, Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise Patterns Designer Series Paper
Accessories: paper towel, Big Shot, Butterfly Thinlits Die, Mini Dimensional, glue stick