I created this Valentine's Day card for our one-year-old granddaughter using the cute Sale-A-Bration stamp set, Party Pandas.
This set just brings a smile!
I combined it with the easy sponged sky background technique.
To create the sky, I used a scallop circle template that I've had in my crafting stash for years.
I cut a large scallop circle out of light-weight cardboard using the now retired Scallop Circle Bigz Die and the Big Shot.
I also cut out several smaller scallop circles out of the same cardboard using my scallop circle punch.
Then, I attached the smaller circles to the larger circle using scotch tape to hold it all together.
As you can tell, this template has been used many times over the years!
To create the sky, simply lay the template onto a piece of card stock, and sponge ink around the scallops. Move the template around the card stock, sponging on more ink.
When done, remove the template, and you've got a cloudy sky background:
For this card, I sponged on Marina Mist and Island Indigo inks on my Whisper White card front.
Now, it is time to complete the card.
- Stamp a panda from Party Pandas onto a scrap piece of Whisper White card stock using Archival Black ink. Cut the panda out using a pair of scissors.
- Punch or die cut hearts out of designer paper. I used my retired Full Heart punch, but Stampin' Up! has several dies, such as Sweet and Sassy, that can be cut out using the Big Shot. I punched one heart out of Whole Lot of Lovely DSP, one out of Delightful Daisy DSP, and one out silver glimmer paper. So soften the glimmer paper, I sponged on some Calypso Coral ink.
- Cut 4 clouds out of Vellum card stock using the Big Shot and Up & Away Thinlits Die.
- Attach the panda to the card front, using a Mini Dimensional to pop it up.
- Attach the 4 die-cut clouds, layering them along the bottom of the card front. Use a small amount of SNAIL Adhesive along the edge of the card front or where they meet. Otherwise, the SNAIL will show through the Vellum. Trim any excess vellum from the bottom or sides using scissors or paper trimmer.
- Attach a piece of ribbon or baker's twine (Calypso Coral baker's twine for this card) to each balloon using glue dots, leaving enough of a tail to reach the panda's hand. Tie the end of the balloon strings together in a knot. Attach each of the balloons to the card front using Mini Dimensionals to pop them up. Place a glue dot behind the Panda's hand. Bring the knotted string down to the glue dot and secure just above the knot. Bring the knot to the front, so it looks like the panda is holding the balloons.
- Make bows out of the ribbon or baker's twine and attach to each of the balloons using glue dots.
- Stamp greeting from Lift Me Up using Calypso Coral ink.
- Attach card front to Basic Black mat. Attach to Calypso Coral card base.
Too cute! I think my granddaughter will like her card.
You can get your own Party Panda stamp set by making a $50 purchase during Sale-A-Bration (ends March 31).
Be sure to let me know if you have any questions.
Stamp Sets: Party Pandas, Lift Me Up
Ink: Marina Mist, Island Indigo, Archival Black, Calypso Coral
Paper: Calypso Coral, Basic Black, Whisper White, Vellum, Whole Lot of Lovely, Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper, silver glimmer paper
Accessories: sky template, sponge, Big Shot, Up & Away Thinlits Dies, heart punch, Calypso Coral Baker's Twine, Mini Dimensionals, Glue Dots