While I had the Fluttering Embossing Folder on my craft table after creating this Brusho Crystal Fluttering Embossed Card, I decided to create another quick card using the Faux Patina Technique.
The card above was actually inspired by the patina butterfly sculpture that is hanging on a tree in our back yard:
The Faux Patina Technique is easy and has numerous color combination possibilities.
You will need: 4 colors ink: neutral, 2 colors (blue and green are traditional patina colors), dark
Metallic embossing powder, Embossing Buddy, heat tool
- Swipe neutral color (Crumb Cake ink pad) on the inside of the Fluttering embossing folder (the inside of the side with the “Sizzix” label.)
- Insert a piece of Whisper White card stock inside the folder and run through the Big Shot.
- Sponge 2nd color (Marina Mist) over the embossed images.
- Sponge 3rd color (Always Artichoke) over embossed images.
- Sponge darkest color (Early Espresso) over embossed images.
- Set aside to let ink dry a little bit, or lightly tap Embossing Buddy over the image to help dry out the ink.
(To keep from staining the Embossing Buddy, please tap, don’t swipe it across the image.)
- Lightly tap Versamark over parts of the image. You don’t want to emboss the whole image, only parts of it for a random look.
- Add metallic (gold) embossing powder to image. Remove large areas of the embossing powder with your finger tips or brush. You don’t want the whole image embossed, just random areas.
- Heat emboss using heat tool.
- Attach to Crumb Cake card base.
- Apply Expressions Natural Element to front of card using Glue Dots.
The card above uses a retired Expressions Natural Elements. I made this card adding the word "enjoy" cut out of gold glimmer paper using the Big Shot and the Mini Treats Thinlits Dies.
Other color combinations to try:
-Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Early Espresso
-Crumb Cake, Rose Red, Rich Razzleberry, Elegant Eggplant
-Crumb Cake, Bermuda Bay, Basic Grey
-Crumb Cake, Bermuda Bay, Night of Navy, Basic Grey
-Crumb Cake, Pink Pirouette, Elegant Eggplant, Basic Grey
I hope you'll give the Faux Patina Technique a try.
Ink: Crumb Cake, Marina Mist, Always Artichoke, Early Espresso, Versamark
Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White
Accessories: Embossing Buddy, heat tool, gold embossing powder, Big Shot, Fluttering Embossing Folder, Expressions Natural Elements (retired), Mini Glue Dots, sponge