Create fun Medallions (or lollies) using the new Simply Scored Scoring Tool from Stampin' Up!
To create a Medallion:
1. Score 12 x 12 piece of card stock or Designer Series paper at every ½” using the Simply Scored Scoring Tool and Stylus. Turn the paper over and score at every ½”inch. This will offset the score lines, giving you ¼” score lines: “valley” folds on one side and “mountain” folds on the other for ease with the accordion folding. Cut into 1 ½” x 12” strips. You will be able to get 8 strips out of 1 piece of 12" x 12" paper. If you only want to create 1 or 2 Medallions, cut your paper first to the size you want, then score it. The wider the strip, the larger the Medallion will be.
2. Accordion fold the strip.
3. Apply a strip of Sticky Strip to one end. Peel off the red backing and attach the other end making a circle.
4, Lay the circle on your work surface and push it down in the center to create a Medallion.
5. Place the Medallion in a jar lid so it keeps its shape, enabling you to glue the center together.
6.Using a glue gun, apply glue around the center of the Medallion. Do not put any glue in the center hole or the Medallion may stick to the inside of the jar lid. Set aside to dry. You may also use a strong glue like Tombow Multi-purpose. You will need to hold the center of the Medallion together while the glue dries. I find using a glue gun is just faster.
7. Once dry, remove the Medallion from the jar lid.
Now you are ready to decorate the Medallion and attach to a card or box. How about making a Medallion wreath?!
Stamp Set: With all My Heart
Ink: Basic Black
Paper: Basic Black, Mocha Morning Specialty Paper
Accessories: Simply Scored Scoring Tool, scallop and 1 1/4" scallop circle punches, glue gun, Mini Glue Dots, Sticky Strip, jar lid