Here is the outside:
And here is the inside:
A side view showing the Apricot Appeal and Going Gray scored and folded pieces that are the mechanisms that provide the "pop up" effect:
Here are the pieces you need:
1-8"x8" piece of card stock, scored in half horizontally and vertically
1-3/4" x 3/4" piece of DSP for inside, upper right hand quadrant
2-4"x4" pieces of card stock embossed using an embossing folder and ran through the Big Shot, upper and lower left hand quadrants
1-6" x 1/2" piece of card stock, scored at 2 1/2" and 3 1/2". This is the larger mechanism "pop up" piece.
1-2" x 1/2" piece of card stock, scored at 1/2" on each end. This is the smaller mechanism "pop up" piece.
2-4"x4" and 2 3 3/4" x 3 3/4" pieces of card stock and DSP for the front and back covers.
Misc pieces of card stock for your pop up image, inside greeting and front cover design
other supplies: Sticky Strip, Mini Glue Dots, Dimensionals
Pop Up Card Instructions:
See the diagram below for steps 1-4.
1. Begin with an 8” x 8” piece of card stock. Score your square in half once horizontally and once vertically using your paper scorer. You may use a bone folder to get a crisp crease.
2. Cut the crease on the bottom of your card stock up to the center of the square.
3. Attach the 3 ¾” x 3 ¾” piece of Nouveau Chic DSP to the upper right hand quadrant. Then, put a diagonal crease from the center of the card to the outside point of this square using your paper scorer.
4. Pull the bottom right fourth of your square over on top of the bottom left fourth and adhere to create a diagonal cross section of a box. Snail or Mono Adhesive will work for this. This is where you’ll create your scene.
5. Score your 6 ½” x 1 ½ ” piece of Basic Gray card stock at 2 ½” and 3 ½”. Fold up creased ends so it is shaped like a “U“. One end of the “ U” will be longer than the other. This will be the larger mechanism piece to allow your image to pop up when the card is opened.
6. Run two pieces of Apricot Appeal card stock through the Big Shot using either Final Press or Elegant Bouquet Textured Impressions Embossing folders.
7. Attach one side of scored Basic Gray piece on the inside of upper left hand quadrant of pop up card base. Attach one piece of textured Apricot Appeal over this piece to hide.
8. Attach 2nd piece of textured Apricot Appeal to the bottom left hand quadrant of the pop up card base. Attach bottom of scored Basic Gray piece to this textured piece. ***You will need to use Sticky Strip on the BOTTOM of this piece. It needs the strength of the Sticky Strip to keep this piece adhered, especially after the card is closed and opened several times.
9. Stamp the clock on Sage Shadow card stock in Basic Black ink and cut out using the Coluzzle cutting system or scissors. It is important to cut the clock out as close to the upper border of the image. You want the clock to be on the small side so when the card is closed and the clock in folded up inside, it doesn’t stick out the top of the card. Attach clock by lining it up to BOTTOM of scored Basic Gray piece. Again, you need the clock to be positioned far enough into the card so the top of it doesn't show at the top of the card when it is closed.
10. Run 2” x ½” piece of Apricot Appeal through Big Shot using either Finial Press or Elegant Bouquet Textured Impressions Embossing Folders. Score at ½” on each end. Fold scored ends up so it is in the shape of a long "U". Attach one end to the upper left hand quadrant of the pop up card base and the other side to the top of the clock. ***Again, I would use Sticky Strip on both the folded up edges.
11. Stamp greeting on Sage Shadow card stock in Basic Black ink, mat and attach to bottom left hand quadrant of pop up base using Dimensionals.
12. Stamp out clock workings on scrap pieces Sage Shadow card stock in Basic Black ink and cut out using scissors. Attach to upper right hand quadrant of pop up card base using Dimensionals or Pop Up Glue Dots.
13. Attach Sage Shadow grosgrain ribbon to front and back of pop up card so that it ties to the side that opens.
14. Attach 4” x 4” pieces of Apricot Appeal and 3 ¾” x 3 ¾” DSP to front and back of the pop up card, covering the ribbon.
15. Stamp clock workings on Sage Shadow card stock using Basic Black ink. Mount to Apricot Appeal and Going Gray matting and attach to front.
**I would suggest using Sticky Strip to attach your scored “pop up” pieces.
I'd love to see your creations. E mail me photos, and I'll upload them to a special page on this web site. Good luck, and let me know if you have any questions: email@example.com