I've had so much fun crafting with the adorable A Little Wild stamp set and coordinating Little Loves Thinlits Dies.
Before I put the stamp set away for the time being, I decided to create a cute little garden party flip card for my granddaughter's one year birthday coming up in October.
I combined it with the Acrylic Block Watercolor Background technique.
- To create the background, I tapped Marina Mist, Island Indigo, and Wild Wasabi inks onto an acrylic block, then spritzed it with water so the ink would pool and run and stamped it onto a piece of watercolor paper. I let it sit for a few seconds, then removed the block and set the paper aside so it would dry completely.
- While the watercolor paper was drying, I stamped the images from A Little Wild onto scrap pieces of watercolor paper using Archival Black ink. I then colored the images using watercolor pencils, a Blender Pen, and an Aqua Painter. I set them aside to dry completely.
- Once dry, I cut the images out using the Big Shot and coordinating Little Loves Framelits Dies. I folded them over and removed the little tabs on each one using a pair of scissors.
- On the inside of each animal, I stamped a greeting from A Little Wild and Teeny Tiny Wishes using Archival Black ink.
On the inside of the bear, I stamped "hello there, honey bear!" and added a Dapper Denim Enamel Shape:
On the inside of the lion, I stamped "wild about you" and added three Glitter Enamel Dots:
And finally, on the inside of the elephant, I stamped "happy birthday" from Teeny Tiny Wishes and added a row of rhinestones colored using a pink Sharpie Pen:
5. I stamped the grass image from A Little Wild onto the Wild Wasabi part of the background using Emerald Envy and Old Olive inks. I stamped the image repeatedly full strength and after off stamping.
6. I stamped the bees in the sky part of the background using Archival Black ink and then colored in the images using a Crushed Curry marker.
7. I attached the watercolor card front to my Crushed Curry card base, then attached each of the animals using Mini Dimensionals.
8. I tied bows out of various baker's twine and attached to the animals using Mini Glue Dots.
A Little Wild stamp set and coordinating Little Loves Framelits Dies can be purchased separately.
But, if purchased as a bundle, you can save 10%
Be sure to check out my other A Little Wild creations Here!
Stamp Sets: A Little Wild, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Archival Black, Marina Mist, Island Indigo, Wild Wasabi, Emerald Envy, Old Olive, watercolor pencils, Crushed Curry Marker
Paper: Crushed Curry, Watercolor
Accessories: Big Shot, Little Loves Framelits Dies, acrylic block (not Stampin' Up!), Blender Pen, Aqua Painter, Enamel Shapes, Glitter Enamel Dots, rhinestones, Sharpie Pen, baker's twine, Mini Dimensionals, Glue Dots