Eclipse Cards are all the rage!
Cut out a shape using punches or dies, then layer the pieces back into the negative space creating dimension.
It's like working a puzzle!
I decided to create this card using the Eclipse Technique paired with the retiring stamp set Definitely Dahlia.
- Ink up the Definitely Dahlia stamp first using Peekaboo Peach ink. Tap the edges of the stamp using Flirty Flamingo ink. Stamp on Whisper White card front. Repeat to fill in the spaces.
- Place card front onto the Big Shot using the Magnetic Platform as part of your cutting sandwich. Place the letters from Large Letters Framelits Die onto the card front. Run through the Big Shot to cut out the letters. Remove card stock from the dies, making sure to save all the pieces.
- Attach the stamped card front to Soft Suede card base using SNAIL Adhesive.
4. Replace the letters into the negative space using Mini Dimensionals to pop them up.
5. Use Tombow Multi-purpose glue to add the inserts in the “B”, D”, and A”. They lay flat while the rest of the letters pop up. Use a paper piercing tool to move the inserts into place as needed.
6. Stamp greeting from Floral &Fauna onto a scrap piece of Peekaboo Peach card stock using Soft Suede ink. Banner cut one edge. Attach to Soft Suede mat, banner cutting one edge to match. Attach to card front using Mini Dimensionals to pop it up.
7. Attach enamel dots to card front to complete.
Definitely Dahlia stamp set is retiring!
Product is available through May 31 or while supplies last.
Stamp Set: Floral & Fauna (Paper Pumpkin)
Ink: Peekaboo Peach, Flirty Flamingo (both retiring), Soft Suede
Paper: Soft Suede, Whisper White
Accessories: Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, Large Letters Framelits Dies, Mini Dimensionals, Tombow Multi-purpose Glue, paper-piercing tool, enamel dots