Love these flowers you can make using the new Fringe Scissors from Stampin' Up!
Here's how to create a fringed flower with a button center:
1. Start with a 2” x 11” piece of Designer Series Paper. Score in half at 1”. Fold along score line. With a pair of scissors, trim one end down to ½”.
2. Using the Fringe Scissors, cut fringes, leaving approx 1/8” along the top edge. Be careful not to cut all the way through at the top.*
For a “loop” effect, cut through the scored edge. For a “pom pom” effect, cut through the raw edge.
*TIP: The strength of the scissors is found towards the handle, not the tip. Place paper all the way into the scissors for an easier, more controlled cut.
3. Add an approx 2” piece of Sticky Strip to the narrow end.
4. Apply a thin strip of Two-Way glue on the remaining top edge. Peel off the red backing on the Sticky Strip.
5. Place a button on the Sticky Strip, and roll the flower.
6. Continue rolling the flower to the end. Tuck the end of the fringes to the back of the button and secure with a little Two-Way Glue. Set aside to let the glue dry.
7. Once the glue has dried, set button on work surface and flatten by pushing it down in the center. Fluff up the fringes. Add some ribbon or twine to the center of the button. Use Mini Glue Dots to add to any project!
Stamp Set: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Basic Black
Paper: Pistachio Pudding, Whisper White, Crumb Cake, assorted Color Collection Designer Series Paper
Accessories: Big Shot, Lattice Die, Fringe Scissors, Modern Label Punch, assorted buttons, Sticky Strip, Tombow Two-Way Glue, Linen Thread, Mini Glue Dots