Here's another fun way to use the Brusho Crystal Colours found in the new Stampin' Up! Occasions Catalog.
Combine the Brusho Crystals and water with an embossed image for added texture and interest.
For this card, I used Fluttering Embossing Folder.
- Cut a piece of watercolor paper 5" x 3 3/4". Run it through the Big Shot using the Fluttering Embossing Folder. Run it forward, backward, and forward again to get a good embossed image.
- Spritz embossed watercolor paper with water. Sprinkle Brusho Crystals onto the water. For my card, I started with Brilliant Red.
- Repeat with more Brusho Crystals. For my card, I added Gamboge, Yellow, and Prussian Blue.
- Remove excess water by dabbing piece with a tissue. Set it aside to dry completely.
- After the piece is completely dry, swipe on white ink to the embossed images using a White Craft ink pad. Set aside to dry completely. Add more white craft ink if desired. Set aside to dry completely.
- Attach piece to Island Indigo matting. Attach to So Saffron card base.
- Cut 2 "enjoy" pieces from the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits dies out of Island Indigo card stock using the Big Shot. Glue the two pieces together, adding dimension to the word. Add to the card front using Mini Dimensionals to pop it up.
- Stamp greeting from Dragonfly Dreams stamp set onto a scrap piece of So Saffron card stock using Island Indigo ink. Banner cut one end. Attach to the card front using Mini Dimensionals to complete.
Brusho Crystal Colours
Watercolor ink crystals. Sprinkle them directly on water-washed paper and watch the colors burst!
Stamp Set: Dragonfly Dreams
Ink: Island Indigo, White Craft
Paper: So Saffron, Island Indigo, watercolor paper
Accessories: Big Shot, Fluttering Embossing Folder, Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Die, spritzer bottle with water, Brusho Crystal Colours, Mini Dimensionals