Here's another fun interactive card I created using the Move Me Bundle from Stampin' Up!
This one features the fluttering hummingbird!
I made this pouch card for my niece's birthday.
The hummingbird is stamped on a piece that inserts into the pouch.
When you pull up the insert the hummingbird's wings flap.
Of course, this is one of those cards that you have to see in action to get the full effect.
So, I created a short video showing the movement.
And it is easy to make!
- To create the pouch, score 5 1/2" x 8 1/1" Tangerine Tango card base at 2 1/8" x 6 1/4". Do not fold along the score lines just yet.
- Attach 3 3/4" x 5 1/4" Whole Lot of Lovely Designer Series Paper to the front of the card base.
- Cut out an opening using the Big Shot and Square Framelits Die. You can discard the cutout or use it for another project.
- Cut out the top notch using the Big Shot and Move Me Thinlit Die.
- Cut out the luver from a 3 1/4" x 3 1/4" piece of Crushed Curry card stock using the Big Shot and Move Me Thinlits Die. The sandwich should be the Big Shot Platform, Thin Die Adapter, Precision Base Plate, card stock, die, and upper cutting plate.
- Carefully apply SNAIL Adhesive to the back side of the louver. I placed the louver piece onto my Silicone Craft Mat and carefully applied the SNAIL along the outside edges. You don't want the adhesive to extend to the inside of the cutout as it will hinder the movement of the insert once the card is assembled.
- Attach the louver over the square opening.
- Fold pouch along fold lines and apply Tear and Tape to the edge of one back panel. Apply Tear and Tape along the bottom edge of the middle panel to close the bottom of the pouch. Remove backing off Tear and Tape pieces, and fold along the score lines, securing the pouch close.
- To figure out where the hummingbird should be stamped on the card insert, place 3 1/2" x 4 3/4" Whisper White insert into the pouch. Make a small mark through the louver with a pencil. Use that mark as a guide for placement. I found it best to stamp the hummingbird towards the bottom of the insert. It may sit lower as you are looking at the front of the card, but you'll get more fluttering effect as it moves up and out of the pouch.
- Now to stamp the hummingbird onto the insert. There are two images in the stamp set. One is a full image of the hummingbird, the other is just the body and wing. Using your pencil mark as a guide, first stamp the full image hummingbird using Tangerine Tango ink. Then, stamp the partial image of the hummingbird over the first image. The stamps are photopolymer, so they are easy to see where you are stamping. You want the lines of the partial image to be offset from the lines of the full image. That offset makes the fluttering effect work.
- Stamp the greeting from Butterfly Basics using Archival Black in at the top of the insert.
- Mat to a piece of 3 3/4" x 5" Basic Black card stock. Puch a hole at the top and insert a piece of ribbon. I used retired Tangerine Tango ribbon out of my stash.
- For the front, stamp flowers using Powder Pink, Pool Party and Tangerine Tango inks onto a scrap piece of Whisper White card stock. Cut pieces out using the Big Shot and coordinating Move Me Thinlits Dies.
- Stamp leaves onto a scrap piece of Pear Pizzazz card stock using Old Olive ink. Cut out using Big Shot and coordinating Move Me Thinlits Die.
- Cut flower stamens out of scrap Crushed Curry card stock using Big Shot and Move me Thinlits die.
- Attach flowers and leaves to front of card. Make sure you place them blow the louver as you don't want them hindering the movement of the card front. Attach the stamens using Mini Glue Dots. Attach Candy Dots to flowers if desired. Move Me Bundle from Stampin' Up!
Stamp Sets: You Move Me, Butterfly Basics
Ink: Tangerine Tango, Old Olive, Archival Black, Powder Pink, Pool Party
Paper: Tangerine Tango, Basic Black, Whisper White, Crushed CurryWhole Lot of Lovely Designer Series Paper
Accessories: Big Shot, Move Me Thinlits Dies, Squares Framelits, hole punch (non SU!), Tangerine Tango ribbon (retired) Silicone Craft Mat, SNAIL Adhesive, Tear and Tape, Mini Glue Dots, Candy Dots