I'm loving the interactive You Move Me Bundle from Stampin' Up!
The bundle includes the stamp set You Move Me (a fluttering butterfly and hummingbird), and the coordinating Move Thinlits Dies.
Of course, to get the full effect of this card, you need to see it in action. I created a short video showing how the butterfly flutters as you pull the card insert.
It's best to pull the insert out slowly to get the best fluttering effect.
How cool is that?!
And it is so easy to create using the Move Me Bundle!
1. For this card, I created a pouch in which the butterfly fits inside as an insert. To create the pouch, I started with a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" Calypso Coral card base, scored at 2 1/8" x 6 1/4".
Don't fold the pouch along the score lines just yet.
2. Attach 3 3/4" x 5 1/4" Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper to the front of the card base.
3. Cut out an opening using the Big Shot and Square Framelits Die. You can discard the cutout or use it for another project.
4. Cut out the top notch using the Big Shot and Move Me Thinlit Die.
5.Cut out the louver from a 3 1/4" x 3 1/4" piece of Night of Navy card stock using the Big Shot and Move Me Thinlit Die. The sandwich should be the Big Shot platform, Thin Die Adapter, Precision Base Plate, card stock, die, and upper cutting plate.
6. Carefully apply SNAIL Adhesive to the back side of the louver. I placed the louver piece on a Silicone Craft Mat and carefully applied the SNAIL along the outer edges. You don't want the adhesive to extend to the inside of the square cutout as it will hinder the movement of the insert once the card is assembled.
7. Attach the louver over the square opening.
8. Fold pouch along fold lines and apply Tear and Tape to the edge of one back panel. Apply Tear and Tape along the bottom edge of the middle panel to close the bottom of the pouch. Remove backing off Tear and Tape pieces, and fold along the score lines, securing the pouch closed.
9. To figure out where the butterfly should be stamped on the card insert, place 3 1/2" x 4 3/4" Whisper White insert into the pouch. Make a small mark through the louver with a pencil. Use that mark as a guide for placement. I found it best to stamp the butterfly towards the bottom of the insert. It may sit lower as you are looking at the front of the card, but you'll get more fluttering effect as it moves up and out of the pouch.
10. Now to stamp the butterfly onto the insert. There are two images in the stamp set, one large and one smaller butterfly. Stamp the larger image using Calypso Coral ink. Use your pencil mark as your guide for placement. Then, stamp the smaller butterfly using Crushed Curry ink. The stamps are photopolymer, so they are easy to see where you are stamping. You don't want the lines of the butterflies to be lined up. You want the lines of the smaller butterfly to be offset from the lines of the larger butterfly. That offset makes the fluttering effect work.
When looking at the stamped image, it looks out of focus. But, that is ok as again, that's what makes the fluttering effect work.
11. Stamp greeting from Dragonfly Dreams using Night of Navy ink at the top of the insert.
12. Mat to a piece of 3 3/4" x 5" Night of Navy card stock. Punch a hole at the top and insert Daffodil Delight 1/4" Double-Stitched ribbon.
13. For the front, stamp 2-step butterfly using Calypso Coral and Crushed Curry inks on a scrap piece of Whisper White card stock. Stamp flowers using Wisteria Wonder and Night of Navy onto the same scrap piece of Whisper White card stock. Cut pieces out using Big Shot and coordinating Move Me Thinlits Dies.
14. Stamp leaves onto scrap piece of Pear Pizzazz card stock using Old Olive ink. Cut out using Big Shot and coordinating Move Me Thinlits Die.
15. Cut flower stamens out of scrap Calypso Coral card stock using Big Shot and Move Me Thinlits Die. Attach to center of flowers using Mini Glue Dots.
16. Attach butterflies, flowers, and leaves to front of card. Make sure you place them below the louver as you don't want them hindering the movement of the card insert. Attach candy dots to flowers if desired.
Create fun, any occasion, interactive cards using the Move Me Bundle.
Stamp Sets: You Move Me, Dragonfly Dreams
Ink: Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry, Night of Navy, Wisteria Wonder, Old Olive
Paper: Calypso Coral, Night of Navy, Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz, Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper
Accessories: Big Shot, Move Me and Squares Thinlits/Framelits, Daffodil Delight 1/4" Double-Stitched Ribbon, hole punch (non SU!), SNAIL Adhesive, Silicone Craft Mat,Tear and Tape Adhesive, Mini Glue Dots