Summer's here and it's time to enjoy the garden! Don't forget to wear your sun hat!
This sunflower garden hat card was created using the ornament punch from Stampin' Up! The hat pattern was supplied by Melisa Waldorf and can be found Here.
To create Sunflower Hat:
1. Trace hat pattern on Confetti White card stock and cut out. Be sure to place the top of the hat on the fold of the card stock.
2. Emboss hat using the Big Shot and Polka Dot Embossing Folder.
To create Sunflower:
3. Punch out 11 ornaments out of the Daffodil Delight and 11 ornaments out of the So Saffron card stock.
4. Punch out 1-1 ¼” and 1-1 3/8” circles out of a scrap of Early Espresso card stock.
5. Emboss the 1 ¼” circle using the Big Shot and Square Lattice Embossing Folder.
6. Punch out several leaves out of scrap pieces of Pear Pizzazz and Certainly Celery card stock using the small and large oval punches. Run through the paper crimper.
7. Sponge So Saffron ink on punched ornaments.
8. Lightly spritz the ornaments with water and fold up edges using a bone folder to create a petal.
9. Using the 1 3/8” punched circle as your base, layer the petals, alternating between the two colors and adhering with SNAIL Adhesive. Curl up the edges of the petals as desired.
10. Attach embossed 1 ¼” circle to the center of the sunflower.
11. Add SNAIL Adhesive to the middle of the Early Espresso Satin ribbon. Secure the ribbon to the inside of the hat, bringing the ends to the front. Add SNAIL Adhesive to the ribbon to help secure it to the front of the hat.
12. Attach the Sunflower to the front of the hat using a Dimensional. Add the crimped leaves as desired.
13. Stamp Tiny Tags image using Early Espresso ink on a piece of scrap Confetti White card stock and punch out using the Jewelry Tag punch.
14. Thread a piece of Linen Thread through the holes of a button, securing to the back. Attach button to the center of the flower using a Mini Glue Dot. Tuck the jewelry tag piece underneath the button.
Stamp Set: Tiny Tags
Ink: Early Espresso
Paper: Confetti White, Daffodil Delight, So Saffron, Pear Pizzazz, Certainly Celery, Early Espresso
Accessories: Ornament, 1 3/8”, 1 ¼” circle, large and small oval and Jewelry Tag punches, crimper, Big Shot, Polka Dot and Square Lattice Embossing Folders, Early Espresso Satin ribbon, button, Linen Thread, water spritzer bottle, bone folder, Mini Glue Dot, sponge