Side Step Dresser! This is my latest favorite card design!
It is really easy to create, and is a very versatile design. Baby card, anniversary card, wedding shower card....
So, get out your paper trimmer/scorers, and let's get started!
Card base cut at 8 ½” x 5 ½”
paper trimmer with both cutting and scoring blades
punch to cut out bottom of dresser and dresser drawers (on this project, Modern Label punch)
bone folder for crisp folds
brads or rhinestones for dresser drawers
Paper Piercing Tool and Mat
1. Refer to photo 1 below-Cut paper to 8 ½” x 5 ½”. Turn the paper vertical in your paper trimmer at 2 ¾”. With the CUTTING blade, cut down starting at 7 ½” and ending at 3 ¼”.
2. Replace the cutting blade with the SCORING blade. Turn the card base horizontal. Score at 1” up to the cut line. Then score at 2” up to the cut line. If you are going to be creating a lot of these, it might help to add a piece of tape to your paper trimmer as a stopper so you don’t score past the cut line. (photo 2)
3. Remove card base from paper trimmer. Fold the two scored lines in towards each other. Then fold the card base in half to the back, lining up the bottom. The “dresser” part of the card will be taller than the greeting part of the card. Use a bone folder to get crisp fold lines.
4. Punch out the bottom of the dresser using the Modern Label punch. Keep punched piece as one of the dresser drawers.
5. Punch out 2 more dresser drawers.
6. Optional: punch out a design on the bottom of the step or greeting side of the card. For this sample, I used the scallop edge punch.
7. Sponge all edges of card, including the dresser drawers.
8. Punch a hole in each of the dresser drawers using the Paper Piercing Tool and mat and insert a brad or rhinestone.
9. Add a small piece of Crochet Trim to the upper drawer using adhesive on the front and back sides of the drawer.
10. Attach all drawers using Dimensionals.
11. Decorate greeting side of the Side Step as desired. Stamp greeting on the inside.
Stamp Sets: Vintage Vogue: #117690 wood mount, $23.95, #118598 clear mount, $17.95
Sincere Salutations (for greeting inside) #115068 wood mount only, $23.95
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Crumb Cake
Paper: Crumb Cake, Riding Hood Red, Basic Black (scraps), Very Vanilla (scraps), Newsprint Designer Series Paper #117166, $9.95
Accessories: paper trimmer with trimming and scoring blades, bone folder, sponge, clear rhinestones, 1”, 1 ¼”, Designer Label and Scallop Edge punches, Dimensionals, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat, Chantilly Crochet Trim #118480, $6.95